Tuesday 4 August 2009

Wet Wet Wet




Last week was wet. I mean W E T. The kind of wet that stays with you for a while. 26 of us over at Keswick for the week and we all felt like Noah and the family by the end of the week. Well, I say end of the week. Actually we only made it till Wednesday. The field was starting to flood and tents were resembling water features. Nonetheless, we enjoyed it. The times spent in the tents (because of the rain) led to some good conversations, (as well as some dodgy ones). The young people were undeterred from thoughts of doing it all again in the future and though the leaders may take some persuading, I am sure that when their courses of therapy are through, they will be buoyed (unfortunate choice of words) and ready to do it again.

This week my thoughts turn to Romania. Six of us head off early Saturday for eight days of mission with OM in the villages of Padureni and Buturugeni, north west of Bucharest. It's been 100+ degrees there these last couple of weeks and I do NOT like heat. Joy.

We have known God with us throughout our preparation and planning and know that He has some great things in store next week. Pray with me that Tom, Rachel, Charlotte and Terri experience something of God's greatness next week taht will sustain them for many years in their faith development. Also for Gwynneth and I that we are able to be a great support to the youngsters and to our fellow-Christians in Romania.

Thought I'd include my all-time favourite Youtube clip so here it is... Bulgarian Pop Idol sings 'Ken Lee' that classic Mariah Carey song... Enjoy!

No comments: