Monday 15 June 2009

London Calling


THE WEEKEND THAT WAS:

I didn't get off to a great start as I had trouble sleeping on Friday night so Saturday was a bit of a write-off which meant I missed a training day for Christianity Explored.

On Sunday I taught in the morning on Luke 19: The Parable of the Minas and in the evening on Simon Peter: Before and After, looking at the comparison between the three denials and the three 'Do You Love Me?' questions of Jesus at the 'beach breakfast.' (John 21)



ON MY TO-DO LIST THIS WEEK:


I'm out of the office a fair bit this week which means I need to be ultra-productive in my use of time. I have a schools visit on Thursday followed by an Incarnate event with Bart Campolo and Andy Hawthorne. At the weekend we have a fundraising morning for our summer missions trip. At the weekend I'm preaching at my hometown church, Dumfries Baptist Church, which I'm looking forward to immensely. It also means the opportunity to spend some time with family which is always good.




BOOK(S) I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF:


Just started 'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Seobold. Curious premise written from the point of view of a young girl who has been murdered and is in her idea of heaven from where she can still observe her family and former life.




TV HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK:


The ICC World Twenty20 cricket has been thrilling and there have been some good games. The biggest shock was seeing Australia sent out of the tournament before the super eight phase. The bad news is it gives them an extra fortnight off before taking on England in The Ashes. I think they'll be stiffer opposition then.




WHAT SONG IS THE IPOD SHUFFLE PLAYING AS I TYPE THIS:


Shelter by Lone Justice




NEXT TRIP:


Tomorrow I'm off to London to take part in a discussion on future youth ministry trends at the offices of Youthwork magazine.



HOW I'M FEELING ABOUT THE WEEK:


Quite pleased about the variety of the week, particularly a couple of travelling opportunities. It's always good to get out and about. In particular, it'll be good to spend the night in London staying at my good friends Alasdair and Sophie in Peckham, and I'll get to meet their lovely bay boy Ewan for the first time. Exciting!

No comments: