Tuesday 23 June 2009

Monday became Tuesday too soon this week...


THE WEEKEND THAT WAS:

Saturday morning was spent being splatted with heavy wet sponges at our fundraising morning for our missions trip to Romania this summer. It was a very successful morning with over £2000 being added to the kitty. I managed to watch the thrilling First Test between the Lions and the Springboks before heading up to Dumfries. On Sunday I preached morning and evening at Dumfries Baptist Church, and inbetween enjoyed a lovely family meal at Tabletable. It was good to see mum and my nieces Katy, Fay, Jennifer & Laura, as well as my brother Craig and his wife Janet.


ON MY TO-DO LIST THIS WEEK:


Well, as I'm a day late with this entry, I've already chaired an elders meeting last night which went well, I think. Today I'm in the office and tomorrow I'm spending my day off up in Scotland visiting Newcraigs Evangelical Church in Fife (where I used to live) who are thinking of appointing a youth worker, and have asked for some insights into the process and the pitfalls to be wary of. Thursday and Friday I'm in the office and doing loads of prep for services and events which are coming up. This Sunday I'm speaking to the youth in the morning and in the afternoon am presenting something around spiritual life questionnaires to our leaders' lunch.


BOOK(S) I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF:

Enjoyed reading an old D Martyn Lloyd-Jones book called Authority, in particular the section on the authority of Scripture.


TV HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK:

Haven't caught much telly in the last week, mostly sport. One programme which my wife and I have watched is a new BBC drama called Hope Springs. The acting is poor, the storyline thin and it's very much a girls' programme, but I was fascinated to see it as it was filmed in Wanlockhead (the highest village in Scotland) and which I know well. I spotted Robert and Nana McCall's house, which I used to visit as a child.


WHAT SONG IS THE IPOD SHUFFLE PLAYING AS I TYPE THIS:

Saviour I Must Sing by Kate Simmonds


NEXT TRIP:

Tomorrow I'm off to Kirkcaldy, then I'm in Sheffield on Saturday at the CPAS Growing Leaders training day.


HOW I'M FEELING ABOUT THE WEEK:


Amazed that we're fast approaching July. I just wish there was an extra day in the week to cram some more sleep in.

No comments: